Hello, everyone! We are Creatrip, a group of travel experts. Your daily dose of the latest travel tips and tricks.
#Sindangdong #SeoulMustEat #SeoulFood
Sindangdong became famous for tteokbokki since the late 70s. Out of the many stores there, the most famous of them all is the Mabokrim Grandma's Tteokbokki store, which opened in 1953 and is still run to this day by that grandma's sons. Unlike the typical tteokbokki you would get at a traditional market, the tteokbokki here is made on the spot at your table with generous toppings of eggs, fish cakes, and glass noodles. You gotta remember to make some fried rice in the leftover sauce after you're done with the tteokbokki.
Sindangdong Must Eat: Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's Store | Prices
Basic On-the-spot Tteokbokki
|Seafood Special Tteokbokki / Tteokbokki, Chicken Feet Set||2 Ppl|
|Tteokbokki||₩3,500||Cheese rice cakes||₩3,000||Chicken feet||₩6,500|
|Fish cakes||₩3,500||Enokitake mushrooms||₩1,500||Tuna||₩2,500|
|Jjolmyun Noodles||₩1,000||Ham||₩1,000||Rice balls||₩3,000|
|Ramyun Noodles||₩1,500||Bean sprouts||₩3,500||Rice||₩1,500|
* The toppings must be paid for on-site. Add-on at the restaurant and pay after your meal.
Sindangdong Must Eat: Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's Store | Info
- Address：서울 중구 다산로 221
- * Not to be confused with Mabokrim Grandma's Tteokbokki that's right across from this store!
Sindangdong Must Eat: Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's Store | Recommended Because
- Enjoy the recipe that's been passed down for 50 years at an inexpensive price, at the OG Sindangdong tteokbokki store.
- The restaurant is 2 stories and can accommodate up to 300 parties.
- The restaurant is open 24/7 so you can come by anytime.
Sindangdong Must Eat: Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's Store | Notes
- Please be on time at the right date.
- Cancellations/changes/can be made up to a day before the booking date. Refund is also available until the day before the booking date.
- Any payment made at the restaurant will exclude the amount made online.
- Guests that are 10 or more minutes late are subject to automatic cancellation.
- Day-of bookings are possible, but please make your booking at least 3 hours before you come in.
Sindangdong Must Eat: Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's Store | Location
- Address : 서울 중구 다산로 221
- Directions : Turn left as soon as you walk up from Sindang Station exit 8. Keep straight until you see the Sindangdong Tteokbokki Town entrance. Right next to the entrance is the Mabokrim Grandma's store, and across from that is the Youngest Son's store.
Turn into the left street after walking up from Sindang Station exit 8.
Keep straight until you see the entrance to Tteokbokki Town.
Mabokrim Grandma Youngest Son's store is to the left.
Sindangdong Must Eat: Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's Store
Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's store is right next door to the Grandma's store, so don't get confused. Make sure you see this Creatrip sticker at the entrance when walking in .
The store is super spacious and there are enough tables on the first, second, and third floors to accommodate all guests even on the busiest days. It's not a super modern-looking interior like the more recent hip restaurants, but it's a familiar good ole' bunsik-style joint.
You can see the kitchen on the first floor preparing the dishes.
I ordered two servings of the basic on-the-spot tteokbokki and two servings of the tteokbokki + chicken feet set.
The basic tteokbokki has dumplings, eggs, and ramyun noodles. The tteokbokki and chicken feet set is the basic set up, plus rice balls, cheese, and chicken feet.
Once the sauce is boiling, loosen up the ramyun noodles. The ramyun isn't so nice when it's overdone and too soft, so eat these first while you wait for the rice cakes to be done.
The chicken feet tteokbokki set is a bigger dish, so it took a while longer for everything to get done. The chicken feet is already cooked, so you don't have to wait to eat these.
While you wait for the tteokbokki, give the chicken feet a good dip in the cheese and enjoy. It wasn't too spicy (chicken feet can be crazy spicy), and went amazingly with the melted cheese.
You can add all sorts of toppings to the tteokbokki dish. I added some cheese rice cakes. These are a bit round and have cheese inside them: gooey, chewy, and delicious.
Make sure that you keep the ladle propped up like this rather than setting in the pot. Since the pot is being heated all the while you're eating, you can easily get burned from the ladle if you keep it in the pot.
You gotta make some fried rice after you're done with the tteokbokki. The leftover sauce makes for some amazing fried rice. Koreans always make fried rice in whatever sauce or soup is left over, so we sometimes joke that we have rice for dessert.
Enjoy the authentic tteokbokki flavors at Mabokrim Youngest Son's Store at the Sindangdong Tteokbokki Town!
How to get 10% discount at Sinsadong Mabokrim Tteokbokki, Youngest Son's Store?
The above was a post on Sindangdong Mabokrim Tteokbokki Youngest Son's Store.
If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to comment below or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
0 reviews in total