Hello，everyone! We are Creatrip, a group of Korean travel experts.
We proudly present you the latest, useful Korean travel information and tips every day.
#Samcheongdong #Gyeongbokgung #Bukchon Hanok Village
#Ice Cream #Korean Dessert
#Sweet Potato #Korean Snacks
Cafe Bora is known as the must-visit place in the Gyeongbokgung and Bukchon Hanok Village area among Korean tourists. Today, I will share my personal review of Cafe Bora and introduce you about the new Creatrip membership benefit! When Creatrip was founded 2 years ago, we really wanted to build a partnership with Cafe Bora. We weren't able to contact them first because we are a new player by then. Now, finally, we added Cafe Bora to our extensive partner network! So, Creatrip members can receive exclusive benefits at Cafe Bora.
Samcheongdong (Bukchon Hanok Village) Cafe：Cafe Bora | Information
- Address：서울 종로구 우정국로 26 1F
- Directions: Exit 3-1 of Jonggak Station, on the first floor of Centropolis
- Opening Hours：Every Day 10:30 to 22:00
Samcheongdong (Bukchon Hanok Village) Cafe：Cafe Bora | Member Benefit
- A free pack of Cafe Bora's special purple sweet potato chip (100g) will be given for the purchases above 10,000 Won
Samcheongdong (Bukchon Hanok Village) Cafe：Cafe Bora | Recommended Reasons
- Cafe Bora is known for desserts made of purple sweet potato desserts, which can only be found in Korea. Korean locals visit this cafe for the signature sweet potato shaved ice menu. That menu is rare in other dessert cafes. It is a mix of condensed milk and purple sweet potato toppings, and the flavor is very tasty and unique.
- Cafe Bora serves four types of shaved ice dessert: Sweet Potato, Milk & Redbean, Strawberry, and Malcha. You will be able to taste the sweet, authentic Korean dessert.
- Most of the menus are icy and appropriate in the summer season. However, there are also menus for the winter season. In the winter, Cafe Bora serves tiramisu and steamed buns.
- Cafe Bora's desserts are not only delicious, but also very gorgeous looking. It is recommended for tourists who want to take pictures of gorgeous looking desserts and upload them on SNS.
- On your way to Cafe Bora, you will be able to see a lot of tourists and Koreans exploring the area in Hanbok. I personally thought this cafe was in a great location to stop by while you are wearing Hanbok (Plus, it's only 5 minutes walk from the Anguk Station and Samcheongdong, Bukchon Hanok Village.)
- The interior is designed in Korean traditional style, so it is a nice place to feel Korean culture.
Samcheongdong (Bukchon Hanok Village) Cafe：Cafe Bora | Location
- Address：서울특별시 종로구 율곡로3길 75-3
Samcheongdong (Bukchon Hanok Village) Cafe：Cafe Bora | Roadmap Directions
|Get out of the Anguk Station Exit 1 and Walk 100m Straight. Enter this alley in the below photo.|
Walk about 5 minutes more until you see the Innisfree cosmetics store and GS25 on the left. You are almost there! Walk straight.
|Walk past GS25 and a Tteokboki restaurant. You will see the sign of Cafe Bora on the left. Take a left turn.|
Samcheongdong (Bukchon Hanok Village) | Photo Reviews
I finally arrived at the cafe that I've been longing to visit. From the outside, I was able to find some Korean traditional style furniture. I was here during lunch hours, so there weren't many people in the cafe.
The steam bun steamers stole my attention. Many customers ordered the steamed buns, which is a winter seasons menu.
I ordered Cafe Bora's signature menu, the Purple Shaved Ice.
Purple Shaved Ice (Bingsoo)
When you order any shaved ice menu at Cafe Bora, you will get some purple sweet potato chips and toppings for free as a side menu.
This purple sweet potato sauce is also a free topping. You can either eat this sauce by itself or add it to your shaved ice.
Attention! All Creatrip members can receive a 100g of Purple Sweet Potato chips if they spend more than 10,000 Won at Cafe Bora.
The photo shows the image of a 200g bag, and the free giveaway bag is 100g.
I've never tasted purple sweet potato chips like this and it made me crave for a cold glass of beer. It was very crispy.
I think you can even put this bag in your luggage and bring it back home.
I wish supermarkets or convenience stores would sell this snack so that I can eat it more often.
I couldn't finish the whole bag myself, so I brought this bag of chips to my office. After I got out of a meeting, the whole bag of chips was gone.
I tried these sweet potato chips with various dippings.
Cafe Bora is not spacious. The place was petite and cozy.
During my visit, the store suddenly became (almost) empty, so I was able to take a photo of the inside.
The signature dishes are made of purple sweet potato, Besides the sweet potato menus, Cafe Bora also serves other shaved ice dessert menus.
There were a few guests who ordered the malcha ice dessert.
Purple Ice Cream (3500 Won)
If you are too full to try shaved ice, then order a cup of purple ice cream. It's a bit cheaper.
The shaved ice is for one person. The portion is not enough for sharing.
I visited this place after having lunch, but I cleared the whole bowl of shaved ice by myself.
Samcheongdong (Bukchon Hanok Village) Cafe：Cafe Bora | Menu
Sweet Potato Shaved Ice
Milk & Redbean Shaved Ice
Strawberry Shaved Ice
Malcha (Green Tea) Shaved Ice
Sweet Potato Icecream
Peanut Ice Cream
Steamed Bun (Sweet Potato & Red Bean)
Sweet Potato Chips (200g)
Malcha (Green Tea) Cream Tiramisu
|Sweet Potato Cream Tiramisu|
How can I receive free sweet potato chips at Cafe Bora?
The above was a short overview of Cafe Bora (카페 보라) near Bukchon Hanok Village. Please read this blog post carefully and follow the instruction given in this post for receiving the discount. If you have any further inquiry, please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
0 reviews in total